Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Musings

A few things struck me today as I watched the inaugural festivities:

  • 2 million people really do fit on the mall...but they overwhelm Metro to do it.
  • Where did the elder Bushes get those snazzy purple scarfs?
  • I'm glad I watched it from home on my HDTV.
  • For Obama's sake, I hope he isn't caught in the backlash where expectations are too high. (Bush is out of office now, shouldn't the rising waters be pushed back our planet be healed and the financial mess fixed now? What? Obama can't pay for my mortgage, gas, and food?)
  • How did Dick Cheney go from injuring his groin to throwing out his back? Who makes this stuff up?
  • Best line of the day goes to Katie Couric: At 12:05, pointing out that they need to get moving because constitutionally JOE BIDEN IS PRESIDENT since Obama wasn't yet sworn in and George Bush's term expired at 12:00 noon! (Katie, don't scare me like that!)
  • I'm still glad I watched it from home.
Anyway...congrats President Obama, I wish you well.

1 comment:

Jennifer Powell said...

LOL - yeah, when do all the "spiritual" and "supernatural" acts begin??? Glad you were at home and not trying to get on the metro. Joe Biden was president for a bit? WHOA, scary. (As if Obama being president wasn't scary enough.)

Post a Comment